USA Travel Buddies Wanted
There simply aren’t enough homes for all the unwanted dogs and cats in Barbados. Animal shelters in Barbados are underfunded and overcrowded. Meanwhile, there are shortages of adoptable dogs in some US states. Every dog we fly to the USA allows us to help another abused or abandoned dog in Barbados. Our USA partners, Caribbean Canine Connection and Scallywags Animal Rescue, find loving homes for our dogs via our Travel Buddy Program.
Who can be a travel buddy?
Anyone traveling from Barbados to the USA! You only need to turn up at the airport and drop-off at the other end!
How much does it cost me?
NOTHING! Ocean Acres will provide all the paperwork necessary and coordinate logistics. You don’t need to worry about a thing – we’ll do everything for you!
How does it work?
- Pets travel in-cabin as carry-on only.
- Contact Ocean Acres with your name, USA address and airline booking reference.
- An Ocean Acres representative meets you at the airport for check-in with the pet (s) on your departure day.
- The Ocean Acres Rep pays the in-cabin fee at check-in and hands you the pup in its carrier!
- On arrival, the foster parent or adopter will be waiting to take the dog(s) from you (usually at baggage claim).
How many dogs can I take?
Jet Blue allows one pet (small dog/puppy or cat (less than 20lbs) in the cabin and American Airlines allows two pets per passenger.
I’d like to help, how much notice do you need?
Please give us at least 2 days notice!
How do I sign-up?
“Big Picture” Goals: We are looking for USA partners to help us execute Caribbean dog/cat adoptions in the USA on a larger level. If you are an overseas animal charity that can help us, we’d love to hear from you.